Summer just ended, but I’ve already been looking at the best summer hairstyles for 2018 because I just cannot wait. It’s my favorite time of the year for cool, fun hair and highlights to come out and be as free as I felt during summer vacations from school. At least now I get to feel it about every weekend during the hot season or on vacation or when out with my bff. I love how you can do so many looks with long or short hair, braids, side braids, street fashion, natural and everything can be casual, but you can even do more with that like dressing up!
Summer is the best season for all the hair trends to come out. You’ll see all the new cuts that are coming in, the new styles you’ll wonder how to do, and even the new way to colour or bleach your hair. If there was anything you ever wanted to do with your hair, summer is the time to do it. Get your hair balayage, wear it natural, put in some fun curls, make some faces in selfies. It is summer! And I’m going to have you ready for it. Be a little wild and even try some of these looks now or any time year round! They’re not only meant for summer. The easy hairstyles are just seen most in the summer. So, put your Ray Bans on and read this like you were relaxing on the beach. It’s your time.
1. Summer Hairstyle – Casual Faux Braids
If you cannot french braid your hair for your life, this tutorial is amazing and honestly life-changing. You get an almost french braid look for no braiding whatsoever. So now it’s okay to only know how to make side braids.
2. Easy Summer Hairstyles
Fish tailing isn’t too hard, but french braiding them is. However this video tutorial makes it loook so easy! I love the zigzag parting that made the already fun look even more interesting. It makes blonde highlights more obvious. I want to do this to a concert with my bffs because we would look so cool if we all matched with this hairstyle.
3. Quick and Easy Buns Hairstyle Tutorial For Summer
Two buns got so into style during summer 2017, but why let them “dye” there. This girl’s tutorial with her beautiful cotton candy pink hair is so easy to do. You can even do the same thing with a single bun if you like the finish.
4. Scarf Tutorial – Summer Hairstyles for Long Hair
There are so many different ways to do buns, but this one adds a scarf into the game. Since scarves are usually for fall and winter, give them another use for the rest of the year. The cute updo would help get that long hair out of the way during the heat with a not so basic bun.
5. Fast Summer Hairstyle – Quick And Easy
The half up bun is still in style since Ariana Grande started it. The bottom half of this young woman’s hair was curled, but if you’re in a rush or feeling lazy during the summer, just go natural. Make sure to get a section of your hair into a messy bun on top to finish off the hairstyle.
6. Fun Styles for Cute Outfits
This is probably the easiest summer look I have ever found. You could literally just plop a flower crown onto your long, medium, or short hair and it would look dressed up. If you like the beauty in this free hippie look, you can straighten your hair as well. If you’re just not feeling that extra step, go natural. It’s summer!
7. Street Fashion Hair wiht Cool Highlights and Color
Here’s another way to do space buns except this is a half up half down kinda deal. She puts the bun sections into braids first and then twists them into their desired styles. You could even do this into the single bun version which, with your creativity, could be half up or all up. I love hair because you can make so many style variations within haircuts.
8. Casual Half Up Braid
A gorgeous half up with a side braid style that I can actually do! You just have to section the top part of your hair for the braid and do a very loose fishtail braid or those twists from the very first look. See, it’s another variation on a hairstyle.
9. Summer Side Braid : Medium or Long Hair
Side braids are such a big trend because they’re just so pretty. This is a dutch- like french braid but backwards- fishtail side braid so if you can braid. Try this anytime during the year. Braids never go out of style, and a cool one like this will work in a casual or formal setting. So your bffs or coworkers could give you compliments.
10. Summer Beauty: Top Knot with Curls Tutorial
This fluffy bun and imperfect curls are a great look to do after a day at the beach and you have those natural waves. It’s hard to deal with all that wet hair anyways, so just use the top part! This looks as great as it does because it’s at the back of the section rather than straight on top and super tall.
11. How to Get a Big Side Braid – Blondes or Brunettes
This side braid would be so gorgeous for a beach wedding. Whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid, or even guest, this easy look will complement any faces with sweet make up. Since it takes your hair away from your face, you can really embrace your beauty at the wedding because it’s a part of you!
12. Dutch Braid Pony Tail Instructions
13. Summer Braid – Summer Hairstyles for Long Hair
14. DIY Long Fishtail Braid – Natural Looking Highlights
15. Braided Ponytail Step by Step to Hide Summer Sweat
16. Easy Curly Hairstyle – Curly Twist
17. Fun and Unique Summer Braid – Hot with Ray Bans
18. Side Braid Waves
19. Simple French Braid Half Up Hair Style Tutorial
20. Summer Hair – Festival Style
21. Cute and Easy Ponytail with Balayage
I didn’t know I could dress up a simple old pony tail this much. This would be really fun for a night out in the summer after your beach day or even at work in the winter. It’s a sophisticated yet fun look depending on the setting and outfit. It’s what you make of it!
22. Easy Summer Hairstyles for Medium Hair
23. Crown Braid Step by Step Tutorial
24. Summer Braid with Fun Colour
25. Faux Braid : Easy Summer Updos
26. How To French Braid Into a Knot
27. Half-Up Twists Tutorial For Short Hair
28. Boho Braid Tutorial
29. Quick Messy Bun Tutorial for any Summer Outfit
30. The Braided Bun – Easy to Get with Pictures
31. Medium Hair – Side Braids Half Up and Natural Hair
They call this the double french braid tie back hairstyle, but you can make it to be just two side braids that you somehow connect later, at least if you’re simple and can’t braid. If you can, feel free to go step by step to creating the exact and perfect look. I will just do the cute knock off version that’s in my ability range and easy.
32. Twisted Top Knot : Simple Updos for Summer
33. Double Fishtail Side-Braid with Spring or Summer Flower Trends
34. Updo Tutorial with Veil for Summer Brides
35. Lauren Conrad : Summer Hair Ideas
36. Easy Step by Step Hairstyle for Casual Summer Days
37. Side Ponytail for Brunettes Balayage
38. French Twist How To : Natural Faces
39. DIY Dye Hair Extensions
No matter what kind of hair you have, long, short, medium, shoulder, black, blonde, brunette, red, you’ll find that perfect summer hairstyle you’ve been looking for with these step by step tutorials. There’s some to go with your street fashion vibe, your casual days, or those fun hair trends like dye and highlights. I tried to find a style for everyone so share with your BFFs on Instagram and Pinterest so they can find color and hairstyles they’ll need for summer during the spring.