Best beauty products for your 20s? Not to disclose my age, but I’ve been really needing a list like this so I know what makeup brands and must have products I should be looking for during my weekly trip to the drugstore. These articles really helped me find the best skin care regimen for me and hopefully other 20 year olds. As women in our 20s, we have our own unique beauty problems that aren’t for teens or older women. We typically don’t have serious acne, although I get some breakouts at weird times, and we don’t have terrible wrinkles, even if some of us need to start using anti aging products during our 20s. We have our own money for most of this age so we can start looking into luxury brands and Sephora without too much burden, but also like to save money and find cheap deals on Amazon. With our dilemma, we just need to find what would be best for our individual selves.
If you’re really on a budget, there are some DIY skincare products in my list where you can get the ingredients online to save you some shopping time. I found some really great products for different types of people. If you really like the Asian skin care routine, I have some really awesome Korean makeup products that I’ve even tried myself that really work with what it claims. For my vegan friends, there are a lot of natural products at the top of its industry that even have organic packaging to help nature a little more. And because what’s better than beauty and hair products? Having them aesthetically pleasing in storage when not in use. I found the best organization and displays for your bath or bedroom. You’ll definitely want to post it on Snapchat or practice your photography skills for Instagram. You and your products are going to look so cool.
1. 20’s Beauty Product Must Have – Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
Don’t think just because you stopped getting those teenage pimples that you’re not going to ever breakout. Skin care is still a vital step in any beauty regimen for 20 years old. Make sure to wash your face at least twice a day. This is a good cleanser for an organic, natural feeling.
2. Product To Prevent Acne And Scarring – C E FERULIC
It’s never too early to prevent wrinkles. This is a natural Vitamin serum that will help firm and brighten your skin. It even helps protect you from the sun. It may not be cheap but it’s really good for moisturizing dry skin naturally and in luxury.
3. Protect Against UV And Aging – Shiseido Sports BB Broad Spectrum SPF 50 WetForce™
Sunscreen is the ultimate must have summer essential for all skin care routine for late 20s and every age. It prevents dark spots and uneven skin tone your face in important photography. Plus, the Shiseido packaging is so Snapchat worthy.
4. Prevent Wrinkles In Your 20’s – Kate Somerville Dermal Quench Liquid Lift™ + Retinol, 2.5 oz.
Speaking of packaging, this one looks powerful. It will moisturize and tighten skin, two things 20 years have to target to keep our skin looking as new and fresh as possible. The design makes me want to give it a couple shots until I know it’ll work for my skin type.
5. Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Eye Gelee
Waking up with under eye circles, puffs, and bags are the worse. Liven them up with this “gelee” from a world known luxury brand. I love these for nights I am stress and crying, but have school or work the next day.
6. Anti-Aging In Your 20’s – Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Smooth & Flawless Peel + Moisturize
Peel products are really big for 2017. I always see people taking selfie videos and of them peeling off their face masks on Snapchat since it’s a pretty cool new technology. This isn’t a mask, it’s a moisturizer which is key in any skin care routine.
7. Keep Your Eyelashes Healthy and Moisturized – Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Waterproof Mascara, Glam Black
Let’s not forget about the number one makeup tool I don’t leave the house without: mascara. I remember using this since middle school and it is just one of the best mascaras you can buy at the drugstore. Since I use it regularly, like every day, I like to keep my mascara cheap so I can keep buying more when I need.
8. 20’s Skin Care Routine Must Have – Mario Badescu Almond and Honey Face Scrub
Face and lip scrubs are needed steps in a weekly skin care regime for 20 year olds. It’s like exfoliator by taking away all that dead skin clogging our pores but acts like a mask for us to relax for a few minutes in our crazy lives. This is a great luxury brand that you can find for cheap at Ulta!
9. Healthy Hair In Your 20’s – NOT YOUR MOTHER’S Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
Every busy 20 year old needs dry shampoo. We can’t always shower every single day like we hope, but this helps us look as clean as we can get. I’ve tried a couple other brands not this one, but I know dry shampoo as a whole really work to not look greasy.
10. Healthy Hair In Your 20’s Part II – Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
For all my girls with frizzy hair, this may become your best friend. Just put it on in the morning to control all that hair. It’ll make it easier to style your hair or to keep it down for once since it’s being managed.
11. Moisturize Your Skin – Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
BB cream is great for you don’t have the time to pack on all that foundation or if you’re in between shades of foundations, so you don’t have to buy a third one. This BB cream claims to have you ready for photography so it’s a matte finish so you don’t look shiny under flash. It’s great if you have oily skin and maybe acne.
12. Sexy In Your 20’s – Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stain
13. Beautiful Hair Made Easy – CHI Air Expert Classic Tourmaline Ceramic 1Inch Flat Iron with Extended Plate
14. Treat Your Skin In Your 20’s – Olay Fresh Effects Everything Off Deluxe Make-Up Removal Wet Cloths
15. FOREO LUNA™ for Sensitive-Normal Skin
16. Clinique Superdefense Age Defense Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 20/0.5oz
17. Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Puff Eye Roller, 0.5 fl. oz.
18. Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel
19. FRESH® Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
20. Cetaphil® DermaControl™ 4 oz. Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
21. Dermalogica PowerBright TRx Pure Light SPF 50 (1.7 fl oz.)
If have sun damage or dark spots from those times you didn’t wear sunscreen as a teen or younger, the Dermalogica PowerBright is awesome. It’ll help treat those spots while preventing them with, the essential, SPF. It’s not too late to prevent them or fix them. We are actually in the prime time to fix and prevent any skincare problems.
22. Coppertone Spf 30 Clear Sheer Lotion Sunny Days 5oz
23. FIRST AID BEAUTY Face Cleanser
24. BELIF Hungarian Water Essence
25. TARTE Rainforest of the Sea™ Deep Dive Cleansing Gel
26. FIRST AID BEAUTY Anti-Redness Serum
27. PHILOSOPHY Purity Made Simple Cleanser
28. CLINIQUE Pep-Start Eye Cream
29. FRESH Soy Face Cleanser
30. SUPERGOOP! Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 50
31. DRUNK ELEPHANT T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™
This baby pink packaging is so cute. They made it seem like it could be for a little girl because the product is supposed to help your skin feel as smooth and soft as one. It’ll clean and moisturize your face at the same time so make sure to get one of these double duty must haves.
32. Neutrogena® 25-Count Makeup Remover Wipes
Your twenties are such an important time for protecting and maintaining your youthful look. You are going to be out in the sun a bunch while your super active so you need to make sure that you stay moisturized to prevent wrinkles, and that you use protective makeup and beauty protects that keep your skin healthy. It’s also really important to make sure that you are using proper sunscreen and products that prevent UV rays from damaging your skin. Finally, in your 20’s, you still have a lot of hormones that can cause oily skin, acne, and breakouts. It’s important to regulate this to prevent acne, blemishes, and scarring. I’ve made a pin of some of these products that you can use as a quick reference on Pinterest or Instagram.